Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Come In The Front Door !!!!


Be careful, the front door is not glued in yet, just resting in the opening. I had to take the tops of the door cutouts and trim them to fit the Palladian door. The frame is painted a "Java Bean" by True Value's 'Colors Made Simple" sample paints; the door is an acrylic "Victorian Blue" and the sun is gold leaf. The glass insert, doorknob, house numbers, mail slot, and kickplate are, of course, all extras.
The plastic window replacements have been ordered and are on their way from Greenleaf. Nice people there..........
COME ON IN !!!!!!

2 comments:

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

you are, officially, ahead of me now in the construction ... what an amazing front door! :D

Kathy Calhoun said...

No, not really, you have most, if not all, walls up and I'm a long way off. I'm in love with the front door...I've seen it in my mind for so long, it was exciting to have it in there, though not permanently yet.