Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pay It Forward/Backward The End

It's been a week or so that I sent out my "Pay It Forward" minis, plus the "Backward" to Jody, Tiffany and Maia. I want to say great things about Ann Vanture's "Cut and Glue" kits which each received pieces, plus I made some plants from fimo. Duh, I didn't take photos. It was fun, Ladies!!!!


Now, I keep saying, I'll go back to work on Garfield. Wait!! It was about this time last year that I stopped to work on Holidays and the house. In all that time, the stuff in this spare room has mounted to the point I need to really clean the room first. Bought 2 boxes at Wally World that are too big to stash this stuff. If I fill them, there's no good place to accommodate the size of the boxes.

Please, someone tell me that I'm not alone when I stand at the doorway to this room, lean up on the wall, and ask themselves what to do with all this "stuff"- lots of other words to call it. I have small bottles that I want to save because I may need them, spare wood, new tools, spackle, shingles, rocks, scrapbooking supplies, 2 other dollhouses, empty space bags, boxes I can use to mail Christmas in, the beginnings of Christmas gifts, decor, cards, blah, blah, blah..................If only someone could know without a doubt what my intentions are and come in here and do it for me. WAIT!! That's me.....get off my butt and do it!!

I will do what everyone says..."you can do anything for 15 minutes". And so, I prepare to begin to start to get to fixing to be ready to work for 15 minutes. Now, where did I stash that timer?

5 comments:

Karin F. said...

Don't worry! You're not alone as a stash beaver... I have an entire room full (3-1/2 walls with shelves floor to ceiling) and am now starting to fill our attic storage room. Because afterall, you never know when you might need something!
hugs Karin
P.S. nice post to SmallStuff!!

SARose said...

You are definitely not alone! I sit here at my computer surrounded by my stacks and stacks of mini "stash" and wonder how in the world I will ever find what I need. My efforts at organizing work for a couple of days and then it's back to chaos. I'm just messy at heart!

Doris in San Antonio`

Jo Raines said...

Kathy, I have changed the name of my blog from Mini Leaps and Bounds to Peach Blossom Hill if you will update that on your blog. I hope you are well. My computer died before Christmas so I wasn't able to keep up with blogging or do anything else. I have a new laptop (and I still haven't forgotten I'm supposed to pay it forward and will soon!) and a new shop on Etsy, Peach Blossom Hill so I thought it was a good time to change the name but I'm having to add everyone's blog back and go around to let everyone know.

Jody

Kathy Calhoun said...

Jody, I've made the change on your new blogspot name. I hope all goes well with it.

I'm still a slacker but I HAVE managed to uncover parts of my stuff all over.I'm feeling the "itch" again so it shouldn't be too long before I pick up the glue bottle.

Karin, I'm sending all my "might need it for something later" stuff to you. Oh, so funny...I'd stashed empty boxes in case I needed to mail something. Got rid of them...took too much room. Now, I need a box to mail my son's birthday gift and don't have one!
OMG!!!!

dollhouse miniature said...

The Garfield is a beautiful budget house but so many people don't realize how much work it takes to put a budget house together. Many people get discouraged and stop work on them. We get lots of customers contacting us asking us to finish a budget house for them. Some people never even take it out of the box.